GoBoat Brisbane is looking for an Assistant Manager to join the team in a permanent full time position.
We are a boat rental business, but customer service and safety are our highest priorities, and as a key member of our management team you’ll be front and centre in delivering the amazing experiences GoBoat Brisbane has become known for, across weekdays, weekends and some public holidays.
GoBoat is a fast-growing company and has shown significant growth even during COVID, and we provide a flexible, fun, stable working environment, as well as great career prospects.
Substantial training will be provided on GoBoat's systems and operating procedures, but we'll be very keen to hear from you if you have experience in the hospitality, tourism or boating industries.
You'll be supported by our Location Manager and other members of our management team to get you up to speed and sailing along smoothly!
About our company
GoBoat Australia is the leading self-drive boat hire company in Australia, with a commitment to environmentally sustainable and safe leisure activities. We provide unparalleled service and an unmatched product to our fantastic customers. Our company is a small but quickly growing business with five locations across Australia, and more to come in the next 12 months.
About the role
You'll be responsible for:
- Giving safety briefings & instructions on how to navigate waterways safely
- Ensuring customer enquiries by phone and email are handled in a timely & helpful way
- Working with management and providing leadership to casual staff
- Focusing on a culture of safety, customer service, and efficiency
- Ensuring daily/weekly/monthly compliance checks and inspections are completed
- Taking initiative to mitigate risks, solve problems and troubleshoot technical issues
- Practicing preventive maintenance on our fleet of rental picnic boats (training provided)
- Giving safety briefings and instructions on how to navigate the waterways safely
- Assisting customers to dock and depart
- Basic ongoing maintenance (training provided)
- Patrolling the waterway in a support vessel from time to time
- Troubleshooting & problem-solving
- Ensuring our boats are kept looking clean & polished
- Following a uniform GoBoat standard
Essentials for the role:
- Car licence
- Boat licence (preferably EX32 or Coxswain)
- First aid certificate
- Retail, hospitality, or tourism experience
- Intermediate computer skills
- Love of the water and enjoy hands-on work
- Boating experience will be highly regarded
- Must be available on weekends and through our peak summer season
Key skills and attributes for this role include:
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently
- Great communication skills
- Personable demeaner
- Exceptional customer service and leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving & troubleshooting abilities
- Time management and able to work in a team or on your own
- Hands on role
If you think this could be you, apply today!
Full time salary plus statutory superannuation and bonus program