Coxswain - Gold Coast
GoBoat is expanding its fleet of cutting-edge electric picnic boats to the Gold Coast, and we are looking for a vibrant, experienced Coxswain to join the crew!
We are a boat rental business, but customer service and safety are our #1 priorities. Supervisory experience is necessary, whether that is hospitality, retail or tourism, and marine.
GoBoat is a fast-growing company and has shown significant growth even during COVID, and we provide a flexible, fun, stable working environment, as well as great career prospects.
Substantial training will be provided on GoBoat's systems and operating procedures, but we'll be very keen to hear from you if you have experience in commercial boating, and the tourism industry.
A Coxswains ticket is a must for this role, as you will need to supervise on-water activities and respond to any potential incidents via on water patrols with our 4.3m Rigid Inflatable Support Boat.
You'll be supported by our Location Manager and other members of our management team to get you up to speed and sailing along smoothly!
About our company:
GoBoat Australia is the leading self-drive boat hire company in Australia, with a commitment to environmentally sustainable and safe leisure activities. We provide unparalleled service and an unmatched product to our fantastic customers. Our company is a small but quickly growing business with three current locations across Australia; and more to come in the next 12 months.
About the role:
As a Coxswain at GoBoat Isle of Capri (Gold Coast), you will be responsible for overseeing safety & compliance systems on our fleet of hire vessels, hiring of our picnic boats, morale and leadership and exemplary standards of customer service, driving our support vessel and patrolling the waterways to ensure the safety of guests and ensuring GoBoat hiring standards are met.
You'll be responsible for:
- Patrolling the waterway in our support vessel. Responding to any incidents or situations where there is risk of an incident occurring
- Working with management and providing leadership to casual staff. Focusing on a culture of safety, customer service, and efficiency
- Ensuring daily/weekly/monthly compliance checks and inspections are completed
- Taking initiative to mitigate risks, solve problems and troubleshoot technical issues
- Practicing preventive maintenance on our fleet of rental picnic boats (training provided)
- Giving safety briefings and instructions on how to navigate the waterways safely
- Assisting customers to dock and depart
- Ensuring our boats are kept looking clean & polished - following a uniform GoBoat standard
- Coxswain qualification or greater
- Valid First Aid, CPR Certificates
- Marine Radio license
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Basic computer skills (emails, MS Word etc)
Flexible availability is desirable, and we can accommodate fixed shifts to ensure the whole team gets to enjoy down-time on their days off and manage the workload efficiently. Rostered fortnightly on a Casual or Part time structure.
Apply for Coxswain - Gold Coast
Fill in the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.