Duty Manager - Canberra
Do you have a passion for customer service and love spending time outdoors? GoBoat Canberra is growing fast, so we’re looking for duty managers to join the team in a casual/part time capacity.
We are a boat rental business, but customer service and safety are our highest priorities. As a senior member of our team, you’ll be front and centre in delivering the amazing experiences GoBoat has become known for, across weekdays, weekends and some public holidays.
At GoBoat you’ll get a flexible, fun, stable working environment, as well as great career prospects. We’ve grown quickly (even during COVID!) and have exciting plans to continue expanding in the near future.
You'll be supported by our Location Manager and other members of our management team to get you up to speed and sailing along smoothly!
About the role
This role is an entry level position that would suit someone looking to enter the workforce after graduating year 12, or someone with previous retail/hospitality/tourism experience looking to step up and gain some management experience.
The role has potential to grow with the employee.
You'll be responsible for:
- Giving safety briefings & instructions to our customers on how to navigate waterways safely
- Assisting customers to dock and depart
- Opening/closing of the location.
- Ensuring customer enquiries by phone and email are handled in a timely & helpful way
- Ensuring our boats are kept looking clean & polished
- Following a uniform GoBoat standard
- Working with senior management and providing leadership to casual staff
- Focusing on a culture of safety, customer service, and efficiency
- Ensuring daily/weekly/monthly compliance checks and inspections are completed
- Taking initiative to mitigate risks, solve problems and troubleshoot technical issues
- Practicing preventive maintenance on our fleet of rental picnic boats (training provided)
- Basic ongoing maintenance (training provided)
- Patrolling the waterway in a support vessel from time to time (training provided)
Essentials for the role:
- Boat licence (or wiliness to obtain)
- First aid certificate (or wiliness to obtain)
- ‘’Can do’’ attitude
- Intermediate computer skills
- Fit and capable of working outdoors and getting on/off boats unassisted
Hours of work
We operate daylight hours only.
- During summer – 8 hour shifts between 8am – 8:30pm
- During winter – 5-8 hour shifts between 8am – 5:30pm
*Note: as a minimum you will be required to be available for an 8-hour shift on Saturday and/or Sunday*
Please chat with our team regarding your availability
Key skills and attributes for this role include:
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently
- Great communication skills
- Personable demeanour
- Exceptional customer service and leadership qualities
- Strong problem-solving & troubleshooting abilities
- Good time management and able to work in a team or on your own
- Hands on role
Does this role sound right for you? Apply using the form below today!
Apply for Duty Manager - Canberra
Fill in the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.