Lead Marine Trainer - National Role
GoBoat serves around 120,000 guests each year across six different metropolitan locations in Australia, in line with our mission to make the water accessible to everyone.
After six years in operation, and more than twelve months of careful planning, we are now recruiting for a Lead Trainer to head up our new training academy, built around delivering the highest quality boat & PWC licence training to the general public and our crew.
This is a new role, and will require leadership qualities, as well as outstanding training & assessment skills. You will have a demonstrated passion and gift for training, learning and development.
You will have the opportunity to spearhead this new business unit, delivering on our comprehensive business plan but having a real impact on the direction and quality of the offering.
Initially the focus will be on Recreational Marine and PWC licence, with a high quality online platform already developed for the theory component. There is scope to add other marine-focused courses such as commercial qualifications as the business unit grows.
The role will be based in Brisbane or the Gold Coast (we are flexible), however the initial six months will be heavily biased towards Brisbane. Interstate travel will be required at least quarterly after the first six months and as your team grows and we establish operations in other states.
Our existing national and state teams are professional, and driven to deliver the highest standards of safety and customer satisfaction. You will have those same standards, and work collaboratively as part of a high-performing team!
Your initial duties will include:
- Work with our National Operations Manager and National Marketing Manager to refine course content and delivery for imminent launch of GoBoat Academy
- Establish best practice systems for delivery of practical component of PWC and Recreational Marine Licence courses
- Deliver practical training and conduct assessments in compliance with relevant standards, conditions and RTO policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of industry developments in order to keep both online theory and practical standards up to date
- Train the trainer, to build a team of competent, qualified (and quality) trainers
- Liaise with industry stakeholders to keep abreast of developments
- Maintain the highest quality standards, including boat presentation/preparation, course material organisation
- Work with our national administrative team to ensure learners' documentation is up to date and they receive timely communication
- Maintain accurate records at all times in compliance with relevant regulations
- Take the lead in growing the business unit, and building a team around you
- Occasional towing and launching of vessels (our vessels are usually already on the water)
QUALITIES / QUALIFICATIONS
This role will perfectly suit someone with a passion for training and introducing people to safe boating. Your background might be in delivering boat licence courses already, and you want more career progression and opportunity.
Our preferred qualities & qualifications of the successful candidate:
- Coxswain Grade 1 (if you have an inferior qualification we may consider assisting you to gain this, if you outperform in other areas)
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivated and driven to excel
- Drivers Licence (and preferably a vehicle that can tow a small boat, however this is infrequently required as our boats are on the water already)
- WWCC & Police Check clear prior to commencement
- Works well with others!
WHAT WE OFFER
- A full time role with great remuneration, and bonuses tied to growth targets
- The opportunity for a truly national role, and to build a team around you
- A professional, stable organisation with clear goals and roles
- An innovative company, at the forefront of entry-level boating, with a strong commitment to environmental sustainability and industry leadership
- Be part of an award-winning product and team
Apply now at https://www.seek.com.au/job/69055067